• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the law on throwing eggs at cars?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kristin

Hi my boyfriend and i are being accused of egging this guys car. the guy and my boyfriend don't get along. He said that someone told him we did it. There is no evidence. They are both in the military. What is the law on egging a car?

D

DrunkN_MastR

Basically this is only property damage, and you would have to pay for the damage done to the vehicle - but don't kid yourself, even for a tiny scratch you might end up paying for a new paintjob (just for the section of the car not the whole thing) and could cost a couple hundred.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kristin:
Hi my boyfriend and i are being accused of egging this guys car. the guy and my boyfriend don't get along. He said that someone told him we did it. There is no evidence. They are both in the military. What is the law on egging a car?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you guys do it or not? Did you egg each other on?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I get "eggstatic" when I see that a couple of kids are going to jail on charges of "malicious mischief" and "vandalism". And, then there's the Civil lawsuit, too. If the D.A. were to lose this one, then the "yolk" would be on society.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited August 15, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">