• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen Idenity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I have been arrested, shackled and taken off of my job for someone else. We do not look alike at all. This has happen twice. I'm so ashame, scared and afraid that if this continues I will lost my job and maybe even my children. There is a warrant out for this person who has used my name and social security number. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

Joanna93

My brother's identity was also stolen when he lost his wallet on a business trip. Do you know how this person obtained your personal information, i.e., lost or stolen wallet or purse etc.?

You need to call the police and have them take a report. Get a copy of the police report and make note of the case number, you will have to reference this number many times when you start closing accounts. Go to your bank and close all of your accounts. Open another account in a different bank and make your account accessible by a personal password that only you know. If you have major credit cards call all of them and report the cards stolen and close the account. Also tell them to flag the account as "stolen" in case someone tries to open it back up. Do the same thing with all store accounts you may have. You may want to contact Social Security and get a new card and a new driver's license from your DMV with a different ID number on it.

Basically any kind of account you have that someone could charge to your name (cell phones, beepers, video memberships etc.) cancel them.

Good Luck!

M

meshell27

Hey don't feel lonely. My sister did the same thing to me but I wasn't arrested. She had gotten an ID with my name and other information but with her picture an address. She got caught and give them the ID with my name on it. They charged me with some traffic violation's and ordered to appear in court but she didn't go and neither did I because I didn't know about it so they suspended my driving privelages. When I found out about it I went to the judge in the county she had gotten caught in and he dropped the hole thing and reinstated my right's. I am afraid that she is still doing this though. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 021047:
I have been arrested, shackled and taken off of my job for someone else. We do not look alike at all. This has happen twice. I'm so ashame, scared and afraid that if this continues I will lost my job and maybe even my children. There is a warrant out for this person who has used my name and social security number. PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joanna93:
My brother's identity was also stolen when he lost his wallet on a business trip. Do you know how this person obtained your personal information, i.e., lost or stolen wallet or purse etc.?

You need to call the police and have them take a report. Get a copy of the police report and make note of the case number, you will have to reference this number many times when you start closing accounts. Go to your bank and close all of your accounts. Open another account in a different bank and make your account accessible by a personal password that only you know. If you have major credit cards call all of them and report the cards stolen and close the account. Also tell them to flag the account as "stolen" in case someone tries to open it back up. Do the same thing with all store accounts you may have. You may want to contact Social Security and get a new card and a new driver's license from your DMV with a different ID number on it.

Basically any kind of account you have that someone could charge to your name (cell phones, beepers, video memberships etc.) cancel them.

Good Luck!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks!! But in Illinois getting a new social security ID number isn't that simple. I've tried several times already. My main concern at this time is just going out to work and home without getting arrested. Any
other advice I welcome....
Thanks Again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by meshell27:
Hey don't feel lonely. My sister did the same thing to me but I wasn't arrested. She had gotten an ID with my name and other information but with her picture an address. She got caught and give them the ID with my name on it. They charged me with some traffic violation's and ordered to appear in court but she didn't go and neither did I because I didn't know about it so they suspended my driving privelages. When I found out about it I went to the judge in the county she had gotten caught in and he dropped the hole thing and reinstated my right's. I am afraid that she is still doing this though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well seems like we are in the same position. I know that this has to be my baby sister from the picture they showed me. I really don't know where she is , and haven't seen her in about a year
yet they are taking me to jail everytime I turn. I'm so tried of this I don't know what to do.I love her yet hate what she has done to me. My employer is looking at me funny, and I will not be able to get another job with my(her's) record messed up. What do you suggest??

J

jenstevens

stolen idenity

Hi,
I really sympathize with you totally. I'd like to tell you my story to see if it can help you.
Please email or call me at 1 888 834 3545. It's my office toll free number.
Jen Stevens

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">