• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreign bank accounts!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Djsr73

Hi,

I am a H1b(temporary work visa) worker in US, basically from country X(asian country)

wanted to know do I also ned to declare my interest from the bank account in Home country(say X) account to US tax authorities.

Those bank in my country have no INT-1099 form for something.???

further in my home country the tax year start on april???

SHOULD I JUST SHOW INTEREST FROM MY BANK ACCOUNTS IN USA?? FOR THE US TAX PURPOSE?

please advise.

Thanks...

L

loku

Whether you should report such income depends on whether you are considered a resident alien, and that depneds on how long you have been in the US. The rules are a little complex. I suggest you read Publication 519, U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens, which you can download for free at the IRS site at: http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/forms_pubs/index.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">