• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Sticker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Patrick062857

This morning I came out and found a ticket on my windshield of my car. My car was parked in my driveway. The ticket was for no current vehicle sticker. I do intend to get a vehichle sticker but my question is this. Does the police officer have the right to come on my property and affix the ticket to my car.

E

Elvis

How far up on the driveway was your car? If it was close to the street, the cop most likely had the right to issue you a ticket.

C

CombatTN88

Patrick062857 said:
This morning I came out and found a ticket on my windshield of my car. My car was parked in my driveway. The ticket was for no current vehicle sticker. I do intend to get a vehichle sticker but my question is this. Does the police officer have the right to come on my property and affix the ticket to my car.
The police officer have a right to issue you a ticket no matter if your car is parked on driveway or on your yard. Same thing goes for people being pubic intoxicated in their yards. The only way to avoid is to park your car in the garage where police can't see or can't come without warrant.

Tough Luck, Combat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">