• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Controlled Substance Arrest Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SisterGirl

My brother was arrest by undercover cops with about 1oz of Cocaine. The cops did have a search warrent for the house and car. He was arrested as he open his car door to get out. He lives in PA and has no priors but the detectives took a scale from the house. He was turned in by an informant who they have down as a concerned citizen. Will the name of that informant ever be released to anyone? Also, is it possible for him to beat any jail time with that amount? Please give me any information you can. Our family is devasted by all this and need answers. Thank you very much.

P

peter

His goose is cooked probably 15 years maybe 25 years if it was here in NY... you know manditory sentencing

Oh well you wanna make money illegally you gonna pay da price....Now if he was a confirmed DRUG addict, been in and out of drug treatment then maybe you can use that as a defense for less time.

BUT being practical......Probably the best advice, plead guilty take the 10 15 20 years and save your money for the rest of the family!

[This message has been edited by m martin (edited August 17, 2000).]

S

SisterGirl

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peter:
His goose is cooked probably 15 years maybe 25 years if it was here in NY... you know manditory sentencing

Oh well you wanna make money illegally you gonna pay da price....Now if he was a confirmed DRUG addict, been in and out of drug treatment then maybe you can use that as a defense for less time.

BUT being practical......Probably the best advice, plead guilty take the 10 15 20 years and save your money for the rest of the family!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you Peter for the information. I had no idea he was looking at so much time, he is 39 and never been to prison. I dont defend him nor do I condone what he has done. He has never been to a rehab and was slowly losing control. I just worry for my mother who is going to go to her grave standing by him, as all mothers do. I am divorced with kids of my own and know better then to take the easy way to make a buck.

P

peter

I'm glad you are taking this well......

He could get very very lucky and get 10 years probation,for the first time and his age.... or they may not have a choice but years in jail due to manditory sentencing.

You do need a lawyer thats for sure.. but to spend everything to save a him few years when your mother will need the $$$ in her old age, is just being selfish.

You know hospitalization, nursing home who is gonna pay for that, if they blow it on your brother, I hope the family will talk some common sense into her.

===============

S

SisterGirl

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peter:
I'm glad you are taking this well......

He could get very very lucky and get 10 years probation,for the first time and his age.... or they may not have a choice but years in jail due to manditory sentencing.

You do need a lawyer thats for sure.. but to spend everything to save a him few years when your mother will need the $$$ in her old age, is just being selfish.

You know hospitalization, nursing home who is gonna pay for that, if they blow it on your brother, I hope the family will talk some common sense into her.

===============
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My brother did get an attorney and he is paying for it himself.My mother will always be taken care of....she is not the issue.I was just curious if the informant would ever be named?I've heard so many different answers that I thought somebody here could give me a straight answer.I cant get a straight answer out of my brother either about the amount of time he will have to serve.I was told 2 1/2 to 5, or 5-10 years.I thought maybe someone in PA had been through this and could help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">