• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never been in trouble, mistaken MIP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

butterfly 311

Wichita Falls, Texas

my friend and i recieved mips about a week ago. i'm scheduled to meet with the city attorney monday so i need advice from anyone who might have any to share a.s.a.p. my friend had alcohol in her car and an officer saw it as she opened her trunk at the local mall. stupid mistake on her part. unfortunatly i wasn't aware of the alcohol nor was i even in her car but she had stopped to show me something she'd bought which she'd put in the trunk. though my car was less than 10 feet from her the officer issued us both citation because i was there and that was enough for him. i've been told by friends that if she was willing to sign an affidavit saying that she was soley in possesion of the alcohol and i had nothing to do with it then hopefully the charges would be dropped or at least a lesser punishment. this being said, i need help coming up with an affidavit. i've never been in trouble before so i have no idea how it should read! she is more than willing to sign whatever it takes to get me off the hook because it was a totally honest mistake on her part and a cruel coincidence that and officer of the law was even around. if anyone has any advice or can help get me pointed on the right direction on this please, please let me know! thanks for any help you can provide.

-ash

H

Humble Warrior

Neither one of you are guilty of MIP.
If it were in the back-seat, or in her/your hands that is MIP.....having it in the trunk of a car,and standing near it,is no-where near an MIP charge. They cant prove who put it there,when,why,or where.........fight it to the max.

H

Humble Warrior

(after-thought) This charge is equivelent to standing near a bar,or walking into a conveinence store and being popped for the same charge........you were in the area,,,,,,so you must be giulty?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">