• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Ex Hit Me!!!!!!!!!!!! What are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starpatch04

My ex hit me in the face and was put in jail he also tried to kill himself that night cause I said it was over. I have an order of protection and he has his court date this friday I wasnt informed to go, but he is pleading not guilty and I dont want a jury trial with past things brought up. All I really want is for him to go back to FL with his parents and get help. I dont know what to do, do I go do I say anything? Please help!

P

peter

#1 he will not stop, #2 he will not listen #3 he has NO repect for you

So why are you being so nice to him????

Go to court get a jury trail bring up ALL the past, he will get more time in jail and that may be the only way he will learn to be a MAN and not hit you.

If he commits suicide thats GOOD, then all of this is over with... Right?

S

starpatch04

I found out I dont have to go on Friday, but I dont want my past revealed in front of people. I dont think it should have anything to do with him hitting me though. He says I hit him too before which I did but not hard and not to leave a bruise and he didnt file a complaint so I dont see how he could say self defense.

P

peter

Well you are better off without this loser, go find yourself a real MAN who doesnt hit women!

S

starpatch04

For now I think I will be on my own for a while. The only thing freaking me out is if he pleads not guilty.

P

peter

Hey starpatch enjoy the freedom.....
We arent that bad to live with, you just got a real jerk one thats all...

Well unfortunatly pleading not guilty is his right as an American, and yours too..

Some states you dont have to even be involed its an automatic arrest if the officers suspect or see abuse..

Little advice: To lessen the odds of meeting another jerk like this, be finacially solvent! No kidding, pay your own way, do not get in over your head with debt, or a high rent luxury car or apartment.

And here is a little test you can do to seperate the boys from the MEN....offer to take HIM out any pay for everything...

And see how he reacts..real men like equality
And dont pay HIS bills, just a friendly.. hey its friday night and i just got paid let me take you out to dinner and a play or movies or bowling...

I'm a sucker for that.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by starpatch04:
For now I think I will be on my own for a while. The only thing freaking me out is if he pleads not guilty.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S

starpatch04

Actually I have to admit now maybe he was a rebound guy I got divorced not long ago and I really thought it was the real thing. He was such a munipulator. I actually have a crush on a manager at work (not mine) but I dont know him very well and I dont know what hes all about. I am going to go out with them all when they go to the bar one time and see if I can get to talk to him a little, but I really dont know what to say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">