• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Principals Actions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dittoalert

i live in iowa, in july of 2001, i took my child to the ear doctor with concerns about our pool. at this visit the physcian discovered some very alarming issues. after several procedures and medication my sons hearing was tested. it was very traumatic news. the hearing test indicated little hearing capability in one ear. surgery was discussed, and needless to say very upsetting.at that visit my son was very confused, i asked him why he didnt say anything about his hearing. he then revealed to me that during his last hearing test in school, the audiologist givivng the test thought he was goofing around because he was not raising his hand enough. she took him to the principals office who then told him the importance of the test and that he should not be goofing off. he asked him why he wasnt raising his hand and my son told him he didnt hear anything. the audioligist then told him if he really tested the way it was indicated he would be deaf. the principal then remprimanded him and he was denied recess to think of his behavior. he was never again retested, nor was i informed of this meeting.he then told me that he thought since that day everyone heard the same way he did. well it turned out my son had a disease in his ear, which during surgery the physcian was even not prepared for the extent of which the growth was. it took him 5 hours to remove it, along with the entire middle ear mechanisms. i was then given the bones of hearing and told that this tumor had to be growing for at least 5 or 6 years, and the only indication would of been hearing test. which was last given in 1998. During that 2 minute meeting with the principal my sons life has been completely altered and he will not have all the options he had before the audiologist decieded he was goofing off. in speaking with the audioligist it seems that her paper indicates perfect testing, which would of been impossible. what if any action can be taken to assure that this does not happen again and to have the parties invovled be held accountable?

vrzirn

It appears to me that the party most accountable is you. You are the one who has been with this child continuously during the long period the tumor was growing. It is extremely odd that you did not notice something was amiss.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">