• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My next step

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diva31

I live in Arkansas. A group of boys(5), ranging from age 11-14years old. Forced their way into a house where my daughter(11years) and her friend(11yrs)were. And one of these boys beat up my daughter's friend.While the rest of them just watched. The little girl called 911, as these boys were breaking in. The police finally got there, but the boys were not arrested!!! Unfortunately there was no grown -up in the house at the time of the incident. I found this out later on that night. What are my options with regard to these boys. They have beaten on another little boy before. Can I press charges aganist them? What actions can I take? I don't understand why these boys weren't taken into custody, the little girl looked beaten up!!

D

DrunkN_MastR

You do realize it's illegal to leave a minor unattended in the house right? This would be one of the many reasons as to why... the cops probably saw this as kids playing too roughly, at that age it is up to the parents to discipline and protect. How did the boys break in? If they actually picked a lock or broke a window you will have a better chance at justice being served, otherwise if they just "invited" themselves in they'll probably just release them to their parents...

D

diva31

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrunkN_MastR:
You do realize it's illegal to leave a minor unattended in the house right? This would be one of the many reasons as to why... the cops probably saw this as kids playing too roughly, at that age it is up to the parents to discipline and protect. How did the boys break in? If they actually picked a lock or broke a window you will have a better chance at justice being served, otherwise if they just "invited" themselves in they'll probably just release them to their parents...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never leave my child alone, the parent of my child's friend was suppose to be their with them. I didn't find out that she was not until later. The police never asked if the parents were there or not. I don't think that breaking into someone else's house(going in without being invited) is considered playing to roughly. Or hitting someone in the face and busting their lip, is not playing. The way that this situation was handled seems a little strange to me. This was 5 boys. I just think that something else should have been done. Just because your 13 or 14 doesn't mean you should be able to get away with forcing your way into someone home, and beating them up. Breaking and entering, assault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">