• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fathers property tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

minpin2001@msn.

ny state.
My father is 83 yrs old and has lived in his house for over 50 yrs. my mother passed away last year and with that her ss payment stoped which left my dad in a bit of a bind. Out of the 67 counties he happens to live in a county which does't allow "payments" for your property tax. He only has his ss and a very small pension. If he sends the tax collector --say, $400.00 a month until his taxes are paid , will they send them back or put it to his balance owed? I've called , and they say "taxes are in one payment". Can he try to send payments? I would gladly help but I gave up my employment to care for him. thankyou.

L

loku

I suggest you contact the NY Property Tax Public Information Officer, Geoffrey Gloak at (518) 486-7508. Tell Mr Gloak the problem and ask if there is any possibility of arranging a payment plan due to financial hardship.

M

minpin2001@msn.

Thank you, I'll do that tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.
My dad says thank you too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">