• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

student defaulted loans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

binquiring

I am a student in the state of California and am currently having my wages garnished 10% on a defaulted loan. I attended another University to pursue my education and they now claim that I have defaulted on that loan, and claim that they too will garnish my wages. My question is the following....How much (percentage wise) can my wages be garnished. I am a single parent and 20% would definetly be a financial hardship.
Also what route can I take it I can not afford to have this amount garnished from my paycheck. I am currently attending a Junior College now because it is cheaper and am paying for my own tuition.

One loan is from Cal Ed Fund and the other is from Wyndham Professionals which is not state funded.
Would bankruptcy be a recourse on the non state loan?

Please advise,

Thanks

D

dorenephilpot

I would advise you to repost your question on the credit and collections boards. This is a financial problem, not an education problem.

Good luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">