• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breaking a Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Relttim

i live in missouri and i signed a contract for my son (6 yrs) to take karate classes. i told the person going over the contract that it was all contengent on my ex-husband paying 1/2 of the monthly cost. i was told that was fine and to go ahead and sign the contract. so i did!! i then called later that same night and told them that my ex husband was not going to pay and that i could not afford to pay all of the cost. they informed me that i could not back out of the contract because i signed it. By missouri laws can i still cancel and how long do I legally have to cancel the contract?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Relttim said:
i live in missouri and i signed a contract for my son (6 yrs) to take karate classes. i told the person going over the contract that it was all contengent on my ex-husband paying 1/2 of the monthly cost. i was told that was fine and to go ahead and sign the contract. so i did!! i then called later that same night and told them that my ex husband was not going to pay and that i could not afford to pay all of the cost. they informed me that i could not back out of the contract because i signed it. By missouri laws can i still cancel and how long do I legally have to cancel the contract?
My response:

If this had happened in California, I would have had good news for you - - but, it wasn't. You put the "cart before the horse" on this one, and now you're on the hook.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">