• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help -- Drug Law Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eperdu

I was charged (yesterday) with drug paraphernalia and drug abuse. This is my first (and last!!) offense. The drug in question was marijuana, and this occured in the state of Ohio. Are these felonies or misdemeanors? What sort of punishment would one most likely receive, and should I seek legal counsel?

15yearOldNeedsHelp

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eperdu:
I was charged (yesterday) with drug &#65279;paraphernalia and drug abuse. This is my first (and last!!) offense. The drug in question was marijuana, and this occured in the state of Ohio. Are these felonies or misdemeanors? What sort of punishment would one most likely receive, and should I seek legal counsel? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well im not sure myself basically the same thing happened to me i got caught with a bag and it will definatly be the last time i use drugs. I am hoping I dont get sent away because I am currently involved in the courts with a pending C.H.I.N.S case....

15yearOldNeedsHelp

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eperdu:
I was charged (yesterday) with drug &#65279;paraphernalia and drug abuse. This is my first (and last!!) offense. The drug in question was marijuana, and this occured in the state of Ohio. Are these felonies or misdemeanors? What sort of punishment would one most likely receive, and should I seek legal counsel? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well im not sure myself basically the same thing happened to me i got caught with a bag and it will definatly be the last time i use drugs. I am hoping I dont get sent away because I am currently involved in the courts with a pending C.H.I.N.S case....

J

Jayling98

If this is your 1st arrest for drug or controlled substanced you will be offered a drug diversion class-take it when offered. After you pass the class-which hopefully you do, the misdomeanor-I believe in your case will be dropped. You will not have a criminal record. You can call the court to find out what your being charged with and if it is a mistomeanor or felony-regardless take the drug division class-this is your way out on 1st time arrest

J

Jayling98

If this is your 1st arrest for drug or controlled substanced you will be offered a drug diversion class-take it when offered. After you pass the class-which hopefully you do, the misdomeanor-I believe in your case will be dropped. You will not have a criminal record. You can call the court to find out what your being charged with and if it is a mistomeanor or felony-regardless take the drug division class-this is your way out on 1st time arrest

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">