• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son in prison, I need help fast

• Thread starter worriedmomINDIANA
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

worriedmomINDIANA

My 18 yr old son is in prison, convicted of reckless homicide and causing a death while operating a vehichle under the influence. He is in an Indiana prison. I'm looking for someone who can give me some advice on time cuts, sentence modification, communicating with the sentencing Judge, what to do if I believe He may be suicidal. He says he can't tell anyone there that he's feeling that way, or they will put him in a cell by himself with a camera on him. Is this true? I am desperately worried. Can someone please help?

U

Unhappy-maximus

Not a happy part of my past but....husband was jailed and did hang himself with his belt and I believe to this day it was the gift of the Holy Spirit that told me to turn around and go back and check on him. He was seconds from dying. Tell them. Let him be monitored. People can hang themselves with sheets. An alive son in prison is better than a dead one. Don't waste any time. Things will work out ok. sorry no legal advice. Wait for that. Just telling you personal side of it.

M

mlouise

Why do you think your son deserves any less then what he got, he KILLED someone.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by worriedmomINDIANA:
My 18 yr old son is in prison, convicted of reckless homicide and causing a death while operating a vehichle under the influence. He is in an Indiana prison. I'm looking for someone who can give me some advice on time cuts, sentence modification, communicating with the sentencing Judge, what to do if I believe He may be suicidal. He says he can't tell anyone there that he's feeling that way, or they will put him in a cell by himself with a camera on him. Is this true? I am desperately worried. Can someone please help?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

F

faith2

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mlouise:
Why do you think your son deserves any less then what he got, he KILLED someone.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

M

MARK356

Was it Indiana or Illinois where they stopped all the executions on death row due to so many mistakes being made?

All on circumstantial evidence no murder weapon, no witnesses, no real proof, yet your son has all of the about, and he didnt get the death sentence, you are VERY LUCKY.

And you want even more to get him out sooner, yet there is a dead victim of your sons underage drinking.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by worriedmomINDIANA:
My 18 yr old son is in prison, convicted of reckless homicide and causing a death while operating a vehichle under the influence. He is in an Indiana prison. I'm looking for someone who can give me some advice on time cuts, sentence modification, communicating with the sentencing Judge, what to do if I believe He may be suicidal. He says he can't tell anyone there that he's feeling that way, or they will put him in a cell by himself with a camera on him. Is this true? I am desperately worried. Can someone please help?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

duffer

I work within the correctional system. Have your son tell the medical/phsy. people the way he feels, let them put him under suicide watch, for his own well being.
Sentence modification, etc., must be accomplished through the appeals systems of your State. If you cannot afford an attorney it is possible to obtain legal help through several organizations, ACLU, etc.
You and your son must accept the fact that he is accountable for his actions.

D

duffer

I work within the correctional system. Have your son tell the medical/phsy. people the way he feels, let them put him under suicide watch, for his own well being.
Sentence modification, etc., must be accomplished through the appeals systems of your State. If you cannot afford an attorney it is possible to obtain legal help through several organizations, ACLU, etc.
You and your son must accept the fact that he is accountable for his actions.

S

sister in arkansas

I know exactly what you are going through, my brother is in prison for manslaughter, resulting from car accident and alcohol use,yes,DWI, the person that was killed was a dear friend of family and town. My brother to contimplated suicide,did not attempt it,but yes i would tell some one if i was you.Victim was driver of another vehicle, all i can say is have faith, your son was spared for a reason,as was my brother,they are not cold blooded killers, just people with addiction to alcohol, as are millions others. I'm not a legal professional,but hope it helps to know you are not alone.

P

peter

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES

Then if you are so compassionate, why not let out Charles Manson, or John Gacy, they had addiction problems too...

GEEEEZZZZZ..come on a murderer is a murderer whether is by gun or a car

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sister in arkansas:
I know exactly what you are going through, my brother is in prison for manslaughter, resulting from car accident and alcohol use,yes,DWI, the person that was killed was a dear friend of family and town. My brother to contimplated suicide,did not attempt it,but yes i would tell some one if i was you.Victim was driver of another vehicle, all i can say is have faith, your son was spared for a reason,as was my brother,they are not cold blooded killers, just people with addiction to alcohol, as are millions others. I'm not a legal professional,but hope it helps to know you are not alone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by peter:
EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES

Then if you are so compassionate, why not let out Charles Manson, or John Gacy, they had addiction problems too...

GEEEEZZZZZ..come on a murderer is a murderer whether is by gun or a car

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

A little behind the times, eh Peter? John Wayne Gacy's execution was in 1994 - - unless you want to release a skeleton.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
A little behind the times, eh Peter? John Wayne Gacy's execution was in 1994 - - unless you want to release a skeleton.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Classic !!!!!!! :)

F

friend

i just wanted to say that there is another web site that might give you some support...it's called families of inmates.....a lot of the people there are advocates for their loved ones in prison and will give you support and information....please hang in their...i know it's difficult when it's someone you love....

F

friend

i mean hang in THERE.....*s*...sorry my spelling is off tonight..i'm tired.....good luck again

U

Unhappy-maximus

My point was that a mother is always a mother and even criminals have mothers. No one wants to see their son or daughter in prison no matter what they did. I am probably a bleeding heart but sadness was pervasive when my husband was in. It wasn't for manslaughter or anything like that. I have heard of an istance where both boys were drinking and they took a coin toss to see who would drive. They ran into a tree and one of the boys died. The boy that died had a girlfriend that was pregnant and the surviving boy has to pay for the child support just like the child is his and probation fines for 15 years. We don't know the circumstances and shouldn't judge mom. It was her baby once and if it were you, you would want mum to fight for you. Sure it was terrible for the victim, but you don't know if they were drinking together and one by chance died or what. Give mom her right to be heard.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unhappy-maximus:
My point was that a mother is always a mother and even criminals have mothers. No one wants to see their son or daughter in prison no matter what they did. I am probably a bleeding heart but sadness was pervasive when my husband was in. It wasn't for manslaughter or anything like that. I have heard of an istance where both boys were drinking and they took a coin toss to see who would drive. They ran into a tree and one of the boys died. The boy that died had a girlfriend that was pregnant and the surviving boy has to pay for the child support just like the child is his and probation fines for 15 years. We don't know the circumstances and shouldn't judge mom. It was her baby once and if it were you, you would want mum to fight for you. Sure it was terrible for the victim, but you don't know if they were drinking together and one by chance died or what. Give mom her right to be heard. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

No. I also blame the mother for the acts of her son. This is a boy that obviously was absent the day "right from wrong" was being taught; or, was never taught by his mother, or was never reminded by his mother. Once a child learns "common sense" and "right from wrong" from a parent or parents, then driving while drunk will never happen. In this case, the mother failed her son, and a life was lost.

Now, she wishes to continue her "permissiveness" by trying to get more advice to "help save her son." This mother will never learn and, God forbid that she has any other children.

I'm sorry, but her criminal son is where he is for a reason, and the reason is because she failed him, and is partly to blame.

So, stop with the "bleeding hearts" and realize that this kid KILLED another human being, for no damn good reason.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">