• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone number to contact IRS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

Indiana
I have looked all around the IRS website and can't find what I'm looking for. My ex received a letter stating that his tax return would be sent to me for back child support. I never received a letter but CSE has told me they had put a lien on his tax check. I've been trying to find out wether he's filed or how long they hold it considering he has no spouse to claim part of his return. I suspect he won't file now but I could be wrong and have plans for my children with this money. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a number I could call and check this out.

L

loku

I suggest you call the IRS at its telephone assistance number at 1–800–829–1040. They probably will not be able to tell you whether the return has been filed yet, but they may be able to tell you if such info is available to the public and give you a number to call if it is.

If the IRS does not provide that info, then maybe the CSE can tell you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">