• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunk in Public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

etc_1999

I had a few drinks at a bar a few months ago. While driving to IHOP to grab something to eat a sharp corner snuck up on me (this corner is always difficult even after no drinks, especially at night). I drove over the median strip and through the grass and ended up wrecked turned around on another street. After about 20 mins. a cop stopped and questioned me. He asked where I came from and how mych I had to drink. I said the name of the bar and that I had 4 drinks. He continued to question me and when I didn't answer all the questions he arrested me for drunk in public and I spent the night in jail. I must mention he did not give me a field test, breathalyzer, or bloodtest. I have to go to court soon and wonder if I should plead not guilty since there isn't any hard evidence considering he didn't test my bac level. Thoughts?

E

Elvis

1) Don't get in a car and drive after having (4) drinks
2) You can and will be found guilty based on the field sobriety test completed by the cop - this is hard evidence.
3) Learn how to drive MORON you should not be wrecking your car around a corner.

H

Humble Warrior

Public drunk is a trash charge.....dont sweat it. The WORST you'll get is a fine for around $300.00
In cases like this,you can fight it if you want,but the courts will rely on the experience of the cop,and his word as a officer of the law. He doesn't necessarily have to have tests to prove his case.
For a B.S. charge like that....I'd just take the plea,and get a lesser fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">