• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KIDS OR ENEMY

Can someone help me, my 16 year old son was taken Friday from school to a juvenile detention center. Why, I do not know, my question is, does the school have to contact the parents when their child is arrested and taken to a juvenile facility and if so how much time are they required to do this in. This is Monday and no one at the school has contacted me yet. I was notified 6 hours after the incident by a probation officer. I live in Ohio. Also if there has been any problems, the school has not contacted me about any either by writing or phone. Thanks for any info.

vrzirn

Your son probably violated some condition of his parole. Call his probation officer or the detention center. What the school did or did not do is not your concern now. Why your son is in the detention center is!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">