• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unwarranted removal from school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Donna Boyer

I am an LPN student at Sauk Valley Community College in Dixon IL. The director of nursing education has withdrawn me from the program for missing two lab classes in 3 months. I am the only one in the class that has this stipulation about missing class, other students have missed at least that many and are still enrolled in the program. I have a 93 average in this class and was due to graduate in May.
This is not the first time the director has withdrawn me from the program without my consent. My first year (2000) I had given birth to my son by ceasarean section on April 17, she withdrew me from the entire program because I had him on Tuesday and would not be able to attend my clinical class on Wednesday. Although I was just two weeks from graduation, I only had finals left. Of course, I had a Dr's excuse for missing this clinical time, but she withdrew me anyway, because she said later that she didn't think I'd be able to finish. I was taking a Psychology class at the same time and I managed to finish that class with a B.
In 2001, I re-enrolled and managed to make it to my Simulation Exam which is the final practical exam before finals. I was separated from my entire class for this exam which in turn caused me great anxiety and I subsequently failed this exam due to a bad case of nerves. (All the LPN took their test on Tuesday, I was the only LPN scheduled with the RN class on Wednesday.
So, I reapplied for the 2002 Spring Semester and this has happened. I feel that the director has singled me out and does not want me to graduate. Do I have case for discrimination?

D

dorenephilpot

Depends on whether the "discrimination" is done for an illegal reason, such as age, race, religion or whether the "discrimination" is because you have been a problem at the school for failure to follow the rules and they are punishing you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">