• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Benefits and evaluations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Arena

i am a teacher in illinois. when i was hire i was told and it is in the contract i signed that i receive 12 sick days per year as part of my benefits package. when i received my teaching evaluation i was ranked 4 (1 worst thru 8 best) in attendance and punctuality. when i questioned this score i was told it was specifically because of the number of sick days that i used - 6. since 6 sick days is not abusing the system in any way, is this legal? i know it is a minor issue but most of the teachers in the district that i have mentioned this to also expressed their concerns.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I can't speak specifically to public sector employees (I'm assuming that you're in the public school system rather than at a private school) but in the private sector this is legal, and if you think about it, not even surprising. You have 12 days and you've used half of them; you got a score that's in the middle. No doubt someone who's used all 12 days would have a 1 and someone who's used no days would have an 8. Why does this surprise you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">