• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bench Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Victor_Laslow

I was charged with a DUI conviction a number of months ago (0.09 on the BAC). This was my second in a 3 year time-span in the state of Oregon. The first conviction I was assigned to Diversion (no jail time and/or probation). On my second conviction, I was placed on a 2 year probation (amongst other things).

Two questions:

1.) God forbid, if I were ever to be charged/convicted again for a DUI, would that be considered a felony conviction? From what I've read, 2 prior misdeamanor convictions for traffic related offences wins you a ticket to a Felony charge on your 3rd. What I'm not sure of is whether or not my first conviction applies to this rule, given on the first I was put on Diversion. Simple answer would be to avoid the 3rd completely, but I have already proven that I'm capable of being stupid, irresponsible and dumb enough to earn a 3rd time around.

2.) Chances are my probation officer will assign me to Bench Probation after 10 months vs. early termination. Second question is what precisely does this mean aside from the fact that you are "under the supervision of the sentencing judge?". Additionally, presuming I was put on bench probation, is there a way/means in which I can apply for complete/early termination??

In advance, thanks for your advice. Please, no editorial / snide remarks re how lucky I am, how stupid I was, how lucky others are, etc. I have and still am going through enough remorse, self analysis, criticism, etc. for everyone. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">