• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he keep his guns?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shot45

I'm in Texas. A fellow member of our local shooting club, and a friend of mine, has a nice collection of pistols and rifles. He's even been talking about getting a conceal/cary permit. Heres the problem: His wife is in jail, but will be out soon.(parole) I understand SHE can't have acess to a firearm. What about him? Is his gun safe sufficient protection, Or will he need to move the guns to another adress? What can he do?

D

DrunkN_MastR

This is a very good question and I would also like to know what how this would apply in California... btw Shot45, I gotta ask you are you serious about the carry/conceal permit? They HAVE that in Texas?

[This message has been edited by DrunkN_MastR (edited August 14, 2000).]

S

shot45

Yes, we have conceal/cary. I have it. But this kind of thing never came up in the classes. I'd hate to take advantage of his situation. But those are some nice guns.

D

dragonlynn

We had a neighbor whose son when to boot camp and when he got out (by this time, he's 18) and was on probation, they were trying to decide where he should live, with his parents, or get an apartment. The parents kept a gun in the home. They were told that if he was to return home, they would have to get rid of the gun as he still could possibly have access to it. We live in Colorado.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shot45:
I'm in Texas. A fellow member of our local shooting club, and a friend of mine, has a nice collection of pistols and rifles. He's even been talking about getting a conceal/cary permit. Heres the problem: His wife is in jail, but will be out soon.(parole) I understand SHE can't have acess to a firearm. What about him? Is his gun safe sufficient protection, Or will he need to move the guns to another adress? What can he do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">