• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

social security number posted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nickstafford

if someone posted another persons social security number (taken off a public document) on a peice of paper then put it up for public view in the state of tennesee is that against the law? if you are not using for personal gain? (credit card ect)

please dont ask why...its a long story its just a little payback

C

CombatTN88

nickstafford said:
if someone posted another persons social security number (taken off a public document) on a peice of paper then put it up for public view in the state of tennesee is that against the law? if you are not using for personal gain? (credit card ect)

please dont ask why...its a long story its just a little payback
That is against law which violated's victim's privacy.

N

nickstafford

?

if i go to the my county court house and get a copy of a criminal matter on someone that happened in the past , it has the persons SSN on the papers ......right? ok if i take that number and put it on a poster or sign and post it in my front yard with nothing but the numbers (not the name) how is that invading privacy? whats the law codes on these if its against the law ? state and federal
thank you
nick

C

CombatTN88

Re: ?

nickstafford said:
if i go to the my county court house and get a copy of a criminal matter on someone that happened in the past , it has the persons SSN on the papers ......right? ok if i take that number and put it on a poster or sign and post it in my front yard with nothing but the numbers (not the name) how is that invading privacy? whats the law codes on these if its against the law ? state and federal
thank you
nick
Since you are doing that in your yard, it is a private property. You can even mow your yard in naked. You didn't mention where you were posting, just saying it was in public view.

N

nickstafford

its still in public view..ok what about if i put the numbers only on a t-shirt and wear it in public? sorry for al the questions

so theres not really a code for it unless i try and use it in some way for personal gain ....? like ID theft

thanks

C

CombatTN88

Let get bottom of this

Mr. Stafford,
Alright. You can wear SSN: 123-45-6789 anywhere on your body, even on your private parts for public to view. You won't get in trouble because it is your body. Same thing goes for the shirt that you are wearing.

What I though was that you would post that victim's SSN and name on the web site (actually I was working on my web site when you posted this question), it just occured in my mind. You did not say that you would not reveal that victim's name. I might had came across like this in other posts.

Displaying SSN doesn't seem to be revenge to me, but using SSN to harm a victim's reputation is a big revenge.

Regards, Combat

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">