• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teacher abusing my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gizmo200206492

i am in connecticut.my son had a teacher that mentally abused him.maybe you can help him .he cries a year later when he thinks of teacher putting mirror to his face and tells him to say your a quitter and you will not amount to anything.over and over.he wouldnt repeat it,so she kept saying it.he was in a time out room for hour at a time with door closed and no supervision.found that the room he was in was a mold invested room.she didnt care she proceeded on putting him there.this was an iep program.designed for learning disabled students.he earned recess 2 times in the school year,he wouldnt read 15 mins a day.
come to find out all his problems are related to ADD not LD.ASKED the teacher numerous times why doent he do his work?she says he can he just wont he is being defiant.i believed her.i am broken hearted over this.please respond.:mad:

K

kativan1

I feel for you, it goes on more than people think, kids are sometimes so embarassed, afraid or think that is the way all kids are treated by adults. Did you confront the teacher? Principal? School Board? I would do all three, then if you can't get anywhere just keep going up the state ladder. I am going through that same thing here although not a special ed student. But I have been in contact with a lot of parents who say that this happening to them as well. You got to hang in there, is there anyone else this teacher is doing this to? Would your son be able to tell you?

take care

kativan1

D

dorenephilpot

Sounds like you have some good grounds for a good old-fashioned due process case.

There are numerous protections through federal and state laws to special needs kids.

I would suggest you visit the following websites to learn more about your rights:

wrightslaw.com
reedmartin.com
mayerslaw.com

If you decide to proceed to due process, I suggest you get an attorney on board who specializes in this area of law because not all attorneys know it, in fact, few do. And you want someone who knows his/her way around.

Please don't let the school get away with this type of treatment of your child.

Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">