• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I expect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kaitlin

I would like to thank you in advance for any information you can provide. I would also like to tell you how deeply ashamed and remorseful I am for my monumentally stupid and dangerous behavior.
I will plead guilty to DUI in a small city court on the outskirts of Nashville, TN. this week. My attorney has told me I will spend 2 days in the jail. While I'm terrified, I know I must be accountable and am deeply grateful I didn't hurt or kill anyone.
I'm a white female. Can anyone tell me anything about the jail time? Should I bring a change of clothes and toothbrush, etc.? Will they give me a blood or urine drug test? Will they strip search me? Will I be allowed to bring reading materials? Will I share a cell with others? Will I be allowed a smoke break? Should I take some cash? Should I drive myself and park on the police lot?
I am totally ignorant about the procedures and apologize if these questions sound stupid. If you can help me in any way, I would really appreciate it. Any and all information will be read and pondered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">