• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Child Molestation Allegations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

F_ALL

I really need help. My husband was arrested in maine on 2 felony warrants from arizona. he is being charged with 6 counts of child molestation. it's just one more victim to add to the growing number who are falsely convicted every day. i need to know what he can do in maine to fight extradition to arizona and once in arizona what he can do to fight this. we are by no means rich and today if you can't hand over $20,000-$80,000 for defense you can plan to be in jail up to 2 years in arizona awaiting trial and chances are even though you're innocent, you will be found guilty and spend the rest of your life in prison. please help me.

P

pewters

Well is your husband, a drunk, a dope user, wife beater, gambler, adulterer, sex addict, then he's probably guilty of something

But if he is a non smoker, drug user, drinker, church goer, and never been arrested or charged with anything....he should be given bail...

we need more details.....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F_ALL:
I really need help. My husband was arrested in maine on 2 felony warrants from arizona. he is being charged with 6 counts of child molestation. it's just one more victim to add to the growing number who are falsely convicted every day. i need to know what he can do in maine to fight extradition to arizona and once in arizona what he can do to fight this. we are by no means rich and today if you can't hand over $20,000-$80,000 for defense you can plan to be in jail up to 2 years in arizona awaiting trial and chances are even though you're innocent, you will be found guilty and spend the rest of your life in prison. please help me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

F

F_ALL

my husband isn't a drunk, dope user, wife beater, gambler, adulterer, sex addict, etc., we've been married 28 years, he's a hard worker and a loving husband and father who made the mistake of not saying no when I tried to help my oldest son by taking in 5 of his kids when cps took them. i thought it would prevent them from going to 5 different homes and keep them together. instead my husband ends up in this mess <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pewters:
Well is your husband, a drunk, a dope user, wife beater, gambler, adulterer, sex addict, then he's probably guilty of something

But if he is a non smoker, drug user, drinker, church goer, and never been arrested or charged with anything....he should be given bail...

we need more details.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

dsut

While I disagree with pewters on what your husband may have done in his past, I have to agree that more info is needed. Check out www.vix.com/men. It's a good resource. Unfortunately child molestation and other sex crimes are almost always the toughest to deal with. From both the prosecutor's and defendant's view points. It's is by far the toughest to prove. Yeah it can be proven, in some instances, but in many it is one person's word against another.

But details are needed for anything more than what I said. Ask IAAL, Tracey or lawrat. They would know from experience what the shake is on the allegations.

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

F

F_ALL

I'm sorry i didn't get back to you sooner but i lost the url. My husband is not a drunk, doper, etc. He is a hardworking loving husband and father who has worked all his life to provide for his family. He's been sitting in jail now for 46 days. At the bail hearing earlier this month, the judge denied bail. He continued to a new court date in October and said at that time, if the warrant wasn't received, he would grant bail. He further said that if the governor's warrant wasn't received by early november, he would dismiss the charges. Not being an attorney and trying to deceifer Maine law, it states that: " If the accused is not arrested under a governors warrant by the expiration of time specified in the warrant, bond or undertaking, the judge or magistrate may discharge him or may continue the case for any further time not to exceed 60 days. If, after the expiration of any further time specified by the judge or magistrate, the accused has not been arrested under a Governor's warrant, the complaint shall be dismissed. Nothing in this section may
be construed to prevent the rearrest of the accused upon a Governor's warrant issued
subsequent to the expiration of the time period specified in this section. The court shall grant a reasonable extension of time under this section upon the representation of the prosecuting attorney that a written demand of the executive authority of another state has been issued but has not been received or acted upon by the Governor."
If I'm reading it right it says that even-though they release my husband, he can be rearrested? Is that the case just if the judge allows bail or if the warrant doesn't come by Nov which will be 90 days, and the judge dismisses the charges, can they rearrest him then?

jmihotz

REALLY SORRY TO HEAR YOUR PLIGHT. I HAVE WENT THROUGH FINDING OUT THAT MY 1ST HUSBAND MOLESTED OUR SON AND IT HAS MADE MY SON WHO IS NOW 27 VERY DIFUNCIONAL OF COURSE. BECAUSE THE SYSTEM THE COURTS WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE CHILD. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND IF MY MAN I HAVE NOW WAS ACCUSED OF IT I WOULD FIGHT JUST AS HARD FOR HIM. PEOPLE HEAR OH SOMEONE MOLESTED A KID HOW HORRIABLE. BUT THE ONES THAT REALLY RAPE AND MOLEST RARELY GET TIME. EVEN AFTER YEARS OF ARRESTS. I HOPE YOU FIND SOME HELP. AM HERE FOR MORA SUPPORT.IF YOU FEEL SO SURE THAT YOUE MAN IS INNOCENT YOU FIGHT TILL THE END FOR HIM.

------------------

LegalBeagle

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by F_ALL:
my husband isn't a drunk, dope user, wife beater, gambler, adulterer, sex addict, etc., we've been married 28 years, he's a hard worker and a loving husband and father who made the mistake of not saying no when I tried to help my oldest son by taking in 5 of his kids when cps took them. i thought it would prevent them from going to 5 different homes and keep them together. instead my husband ends up in this mess <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This place is like prison.. everyone who comes here is innocent. It is only by giving full details that people can help and let you know what your chances are... but that requires honesty and an objective mind.

F

F_ALL

what are you saying? you want more info? i have an objective mind and i'm being totally honest about this whole thing. i'm just trying to find a way of preventing my husband from going back to arizona before we can raise the money for an attorney and for his bail. arizona jails are hell. just check out joe arpaio, or maricopa county sheriff's dept. on the internet, this guy thrives on having his prisoners wear pink boxers, black and white stripes, live in old army tents through 110+ degree temperaturs and monsoon rains, he feeds them rotten bologna. i'm trying to raise money but it takes time. all i'm trying to find out is if there's a way to fight and win an extradition case and if the time lapses and the governors warrent from arizona doesn't come (to maine) and he's let out, will he stay out or do we have to live in fear of him being rearrested?

LegalBeagle

No, what I am saying is that you have given no details of the crime in question. Therefore people will assume he is guilty and you will get comments like those above. If he is guilty then no one will care if he rots in some dirty jail.

What you should do tomorrow is call about a 10 attorneys and get your free 10 minute consultantion. Bottom line, you have few choices and the only way to keep him out of jail is to have an attorney fight each and every step.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">