• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 Month old Computer - False Advertised

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PhoenixLE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont

I'm curious if I have a case I should be pursuing in small claims court. 14 Months ago I purchased a desktop computer with the following stats listed:

ABS ULTIMATE I-Spirit 6420LC Core 2 Duo E6420(2.13GHz) 2GB DDR2 250GB NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT Windows Vista Home Premium - Retail

The specifications tab on the website lists the Front Side Bus (FSB) at 1066Mhz and the DDR2 RAM as 667Mhz.

However, now that I've been looking into upgrading the computer I have discovered that the motherboard it shipped with (Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 Rev 2.1) CANNOT run an E6420 processor at 2.13ghz, nor the ram at 667Mhz, and the FSB is capped at 800Mhz. As a result the computer is operating at only 1.6Ghz and is notably slower than advertised. Since the computer is well out of its return date, still working, and past its 1 year warranty, I have no idea if I have a case, but I feel strongly that the product was not advertised accurately. Is this something I should consider pursuing in small claims court? Is there any other course of action I should take?

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">