• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Cases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bray6

What is the name of your state? CA

First, my wife's ex tried to fight me at a football game and he threw a 30oz soda with a lid on it and it struck my 18 month old daughter on the face. She was taken to the ER where she was treated for contusions and a mild concusion. I also received abrasions to my knees, elbows and neck when he continued to attack us. He's facing felony charges. Should we seek actual and punitive damages? If so, how much (limit in CA small claims is $5,000).

Second, my wife and I got a loan for my stepson to buy a car. He made about 4 payments when the car broke down and he moved out and will not pay for the car. The car needs a new engine estimated at $3,500. We are stuck with a broken car and a $7,000 loan. We asked him to fix the car so we can sell it, but have no response. What should we do?

Thanks for reading....

Last edited:

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? CA

First, my wife's ex tried to fight me at a football game and he threw a 30oz soda with a lid on it and it struck my 18 month old daughter on the face. She was taken to the ER where she was treated for contusions and a mild concusion. I also received abrasions to my knees, elbows and neck when he continued to attack us. He's facing felony charges. Should we seek actual and punitive damages? If so, how much (limit in CA small claims is $5,000).

Second, my wife and I got a loan for my stepson to buy a car. He made about 4 payments when the car broke down and he moved out and will not pay for the car. The car needs a new engine estimated at $3,500. We are stuck with a broken car and a $7,000 loan. We asked him to fix the car so we can sell it, but have no response. What should we do?

Thanks for reading....

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=363024

double post

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">