• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

280 Dollar ticket plead guilty or not guilty?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charlymurphy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I was parked in a handicapped spot for less then 30 seconds on a beach because people were fishing at night and i was looking for my friend who was, i was watching the water then a Public Safety officer came up and said it was illegal to be here because the beach was closed and i explained that i was only here for 30 seconds my car was on and i was getting ready to leave didnt know the beach was closed because there were people the beach.. then he shined his flashlight in my car saying that he saw smoking paraphanalia which he did. he broke it then gave me a 280 dollar ticket for being in the handicapped spot and drove off. Is there anyway i could fight this or no?

FlyingRon

Sounds like they gave you a massive break for not pursuing the drug charges.

You appear to have no defense to the handicapped citation. The law doesn't allow you to park there just because the beach was closed, or that you were just there a short time, or that you were in the car at the time.
If you are appearing before the TVB you have really no chance. In front of a judge, perhaps a tiny sliver of hope he might mitigate the sanction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">