• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 floors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hmz

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Last year I purchased an entire kitchen from Lowes - cabinets, floor, and installation - well over $20K. Their contractor damaged the new floor that was installed with the kitchen (floor #1). They tore out floor #1 and replaced it with floor #2. The plywood under floor #2 warped the same night it was installed and I had a huge bubble in the middle of my kitchen the day before Easter. So they came and tore out floor #2 and replaced it with floor #3. The ends of the plywood under floor #3 came up, so they tore up floor #3 and replaced it with floor #4, which finally seems to be OK. I would like a full refund on the floor. Lowe's is offering me less than half. If I add up what I spent on eating out on the days I could not access the kitchen, plus what I spent on daycare to get rid of my kids on the days they were working, plus what I lost in productivity from work on the days I had to stay home while they were doing 3 installations (usually 2 days each install), I come up with more $ than what the floor costs. Do you think I have a good case in small claims court?

BL

You allowed them many times to come back to do the same work.

You can-not expect to get a new floor free . While you had to inconvenience yourself , they are offering 1/2 off.

I would try re-negotiating with them for them to be responsible for say 60%, and you 40%.

Make sure you have a good 100% parts and labor guaranty on the floor that's installed now. I wouldn't trust it personally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">