• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned Dogs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Your Name

Tennessee. I have a pet sitting service and a couple dropped off two dogs and a cat. Every red flag was sent up that they are NOT coming back for them. They said they would be back Friday but I haven't heard from them and they are not in the Hotel they said they would be in.

How long should I keep the animals before I start finding a home for them?

JETX

Your Name said:
How long should I keep the animals before I start finding a home for them?
What does your 'pet sitting service' agreement say as to abandoned animals??

Your Name

Kennel shall have, and is hereby granted, a lien on the pet(s) for any and all unpaid charges resulting from boarding pet(s) at Kennel.

However, they didn't sign one of these. The pets were originally brought here about a month ago by a Church that was helping them. They are stranded here and have been living out of hotels that charities have put them in. I have only seen the people twice, once when they picked the dogs up the first time, and second when they dropped them back off. I had the first set of papers from before and didn't have them fill out a second. So I don't have an agreement other than word of mouth.

I have several people that want to adopt the dogs, but I don't know how long I should wait in case by some strange coincedence they are in the hospital or incarserated. (excuse my spelling).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">