• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abandoned equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

miragedk

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I owned a screenprinting business back 7 years ago. My 1 employee did not like the older equipment i had and after coming into some money, he decided to by his own printer at a cost to him of $4400.00.. he used it a few times, i hated it. One day he decided to quit on me. In a fit of anger and verbal abuse before he walked out, he yelled "you owe me for that screen printer" i replied "thats your printer i never wanted the thing, i was doing fine without it" well since that time i heard from him 1 time in the past seven years. He has never asked about the printer that i took apart and stored for him to pick up. No charge to him for storage or moving. Now today after all these years he wants to be paid for the machine that he abandoned. Well, i sold that entire business 5 years ago. his printer was basically given away because i had nowhere to store it any more and did not feel it was my job to hunt him down. Any advice appreciated..Thanks

drago

SOL

I must confess to having trouble searching Penn. codes.

However, typically rights on written contracts expire 4 years after
any last action taken.

Rights on verbal contracts usually 1 to 2 years after last action.

I believe abandonment may be considered an express or constructive contact at best.

If he is making demands and threats just be nice to him.

If he sues you civilly just respond with the truth.

I don't believe he has any rights anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">