• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About the terms on the contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

etequebe

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hi I have some questions about the contract:

If there is a term on the contract: ¡§ each party shall consider the dispute as fully settled, and accordingly, release and forever discharge one another from ay and all claims arising out of this dispute.¡¨

Is this means that claimant cannot require respondent for paying more money other than the amount on that contract?

And if the claimant tends to raise the total payment, can it be considered as the claim against the agreement?

Sincerely,

Sarah

BL

I think that would depend on the rest of the wording of the contract.

Your reading appears to be the ending of some other wording.

Without knowing what dispute the contract is referring to, one can't say what it's intent is for .

JETX

From your post, it sounds like this is a 'release' of liability agreement, correct??

And if so:
"Is this means that claimant cannot require respondent for paying more money other than the amount on that contract?"
*** Correct. Once you accept the payment referred to in the release, you cannot make any further demands or claims against them, nor can they against you.

"And if the claimant tends to raise the total payment, can it be considered as the claim against the agreement?"
*** Lost me on that one!! See above. If you accept the agreed payment, you cannot 'raise the total' or make ANY further claims related to the matter in the agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">