• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accidental Damage to an Auto Windshield

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phil293

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My 14yo son was using a baseball bat to hit stones. Not very smart but no mailicious intent. After doing this for awhile a batted stone hit an auto's windshield. The contact left a small knick in the windshield. However, it was not the only knick. The windshield had 7 or 8 other, similar knicks not related to my son hitting stones. Now the owner wants me to pay for the full cost of the windshield. Am I responsible for the full cost of a new windshield?

BL

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My 14yo son was using a baseball bat to hit stones. Not very smart but no mailicious intent. After doing this for awhile a batted stone hit an auto's windshield. The contact left a small knick in the windshield. However, it was not the only knick. The windshield had 7 or 8 other, similar knicks not related to my son hitting stones. Now the owner wants me to pay for the full cost of the windshield. Am I responsible for the full cost of a new windshield?
Have you been outside the entire times your 14 yo son hit stones with a bat ?

I would offer 1/2 the cost of a good used windshield install , then make your son pay it off to you one way or another .

Tell the man you want 3 written estimates ( copies) and pay 1/2 the lowest one .

Around here you can get a used installed for about 200 - 300 bucks , you could also call around with the make and model .

Last edited:

JustAPal00

Nicks can be filled! Much cheaper than a new windshield! When I was a kid I threw a rock that broke a windshield. Just happened to be my teachers husbands car!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">