• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

acknowledgment of satisfaction of judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reddman2013

Orange county california.

So I won my small claims case with a women because she was found at fault in an automobile accident. Her insurance state farm sent me a letter say they would pay me the amount that I won at the hearing but I need to mail them that I file the acknowledgment of satisfaction of judgement with the courts first before I would receive my payment. However, I talked to a couple people and they said to collect the money first what should I do? File garish wager on her, lien on her property, trust state farm, or something else any advice would be welcomed thanks?

sandyclaus

Orange county california.

So I won my small claims case with a women because she was found at fault in an automobile accident. Her insurance state farm sent me a letter say they would pay me the amount that I won at the hearing but I need to mail them that I file the acknowledgment of satisfaction of judgement with the courts first before I would receive my payment. However, I talked to a couple people and they said to collect the money first what should I do? File garish wager on her, lien on her property, trust state farm, or something else any advice would be welcomed thanks?
Ask them (State Farm) to send you an acknowledgment of satisfaction of judgment form to complete along with the check that can be filled out and returned. DON'T sign the acknowledgment until you get the money.

justalayman

contact the insurance agency and tell them you cannot, in good conscience, file a satisfaction of judgment until such time it has actually been satisfied. As soon as they send the check and you have cashed it, you would be more than happy to file a satisfaction of judgment.

Heck, I would add: it would be nice if ya'all prepped out a form already filled out lacking only my signature along with the check to make it easier to file the satisfaction of judgment.

If you fail to file a satisfaction of judgment after they actually pay you, they have actions available to them to force the issue. There is no need to file such prior to actually receiving the money.

BL

The way it works is the Judgement is satisfied FIRST.

Then you have a duty to file the satisfaction of judgement accordingly with your local rules with the correct agency.

Reply to them that you know this and you expect the judgement to be paid , othwise you have avenues to take to collect it .

Don't in any way shape or form do this any other way.

Tell them you expect payment without delay.

Keep it in writing keeping copies ,preferably sent RRR Certified mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">