• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice for locating a drifter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ebb

What is the name of your state? Texas

Long story short, a former roommate owes me money, and I am trying to track him down to take him to small claims. I have the following:

His last known address (though I know he's moved since).
His parent's permanent address and phone number.

Out of respect I don't want to get his parents involved unless necessary. I already sent an inquiry to the Post Office to see if I can get his forwarding address.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for obtaining enough information to serve him with papers?

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Ebb

CraigFL

I subscribe to a People Search place because of my business. I would expect to see his name pop up if I searched for him. If he has a common name, more information is usually required like age or DOB.

You could also use a private detective-- they commonly call this a "skip trace" search.

Sometimes you can start here for some info to see if he is "known":

http://www.veromi.net/Search/People/name.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">