• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice on small claims court case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amijo66

What is the name of your state? Michigan

A few weeks ago I was sued in small claims court by a bank that repossessed my van. They said I still owed them $700.00. I was supposed to file a form DC 87 to show my assets. I don't really have any assets right now as I have lost my job. I have no way of paying this judgement right now. My question is they want me to appear in court to disclose my assets, if I go in and file the DC 87 form will I still have to appear in court or will this take care of the hearing? I was told that if I don't appear at this court date I will be arrested, can they do this?

Thank you for your help

Happy Trails

amijo66 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

A few weeks ago I was sued in small claims court by a bank that repossessed my van. They said I still owed them $700.00. I was supposed to file a form DC 87 to show my assets. I don't really have any assets right now as I have lost my job. I have no way of paying this judgement right now. My question is they want me to appear in court to disclose my assets, if I go in and file the DC 87 form will I still have to appear in court or will this take care of the hearing? I was told that if I don't appear at this court date I will be arrested, can they do this?

Thank you for your help
So go down there and file the form and then ask them. You could also make a phone call to the court house and ask.

"COLLECTING MONEY FROM A SMALL CLAIMS JUDGMENT" link:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=249845

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">