• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After Eviction

• Thread starter Dave Michaelson
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dave Michaelson

What is the name of your state? Washington
After we evicted a young couple renting our home while we were away, I was told by a collection agency they would process the claim if I could obtain a small claims judgement for damages and legal expenses.
My question is: There seems to be no forwarding address as closing utility bills and all correspondence come back and there was no known employer of either the tenant or his girlfriend (being suspected drug dealers), what further information is needed by a small claims court to make a decision on my behalf?
How are papers served under those conditions?
I don't even know if the former renter(s) are still in the region.
Thanks

BL

As a Court will tell you,and you already know,YOU have to find their address.

I suggest to write this one off . Live and learn .

I also suggest you contact a local housing agency and get some info. on landlord/tenant issues and contracts/leases.

If you would screen your tenants and have a written lease drawn up you can obtain SS # 's, that would be one way to track them , but of course if they are making their living selling illegal drugs , they would not be in the system anyways , unless through criminal .

Also,did you know if a landlord knowingly rents to drug dealers some Cities will close your property down.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">