• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airline Duty Of Care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nyk26

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was stranded in Paris France after purchasing two roundtrip Philadelphia to Edinburgh Scotland round trip tickets to Edinburgh Scotland due to volcanic activity. AirFrance has refused to honor their duty of care responsibilities other than first night . My compensation request was for approx $3400 for my wife and I. This incldues meals, airport transportation and lodging. They have refunded a portion of flight. Other EU airlines have refunded under their duty of care responsibilities but AF has not. The British AUC feels there is merit tomy case and has referred it to the French equivalent. Any options for me on this side of the Atlantic? Small Claims Court?

tranquility

You cannot use a U.S. court to enforce EU rules.

I don't see any U.S. cause of action unless there is something in your ticket contract.

cosine

Do you have any issue under US legal jurisdiction, such as tickets you purchased in the US from an airline which has a presence in the US (and you bought from that presence)? And do the terms have limitations on things like this which US law (applicable when bringing a case in US courts) does not exclude (e.g. "events beyond our control")?

If you have no US case, this forum is not applicable. If your case is entirely in the EU, search for legal forums relevant there (there are some).

nyk26

AirFrance Duty of Care

Thanx for the replies. My tickets were purchased in US through Expedia online for round trip Philadelphia to Edinburgh Scotland via AirFrance.

Silverplum

Thanx for the replies. My tickets were purchased in US through Expedia online for round trip Philadelphia to Edinburgh Scotland via AirFrance.
What did Expedia say about this? Are they helping you? Do they have any "duty of care" to you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">