• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I in danger of getting in trouble?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobdole

MA

Ok..

So back around the beginning of May 2010, I was in a fight with someone I was calling my "friend" at the time. We were both drinking, he wanted to leave and I didn't want him to drive (nice car + drinking alot = obvious bad)..I got in front of the car, he got in and tried driving away. I got scared and fell on his hood putting a small dent in it. He got out, punched me in the face and broke my glasses. Instead of hitting him back, I punched the house, broke my hand.

Stupid things happen with alcohol and with people who don't get along.

Cops never came, they were never called and nothing was ever reported.

He's been hounding me to pay for his hood repairs (which was fixed right away, he told me it cost him $250) but am I out of line stating we're even? He started the fight, we both ended up at a loss (I had to pay for more in the long run new frames/glasses ~$300, medical bills ~$550) but is threatening to take me to small claims court. It's silly but I really don't think I should have to pay anything..but with my view aside, what are your thoughts on this? Am I at risk of getting slapped with a fine or does he really not have much of a case?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">