• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I down and out or do I have a leg to stand on.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flasheg

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

In February of this year, I met a woman who as we talked. grew more attached to her.She did the same. I lived in NYC and she Orlando.After several weeks,I had 10 days to spend in Florida together to know her and find out more about her. My job was sending me to Baltimore for 6 weeks, and in the summer, I would be working for them in NYC for another 6 weeks. I felt that at the time, I would visit when I got back from Baltimore, and maintain my place in NYC. When I arrived home, I found out my landlord was being buried for he had died while I was there. His death caused me an immediate dilema, since he had a 16 year old who cuts school and has kids come by and get drunk there. He also was beating on his mom and cops were called. Do I stay and get ripped off or go through the fear of being ripped off, or move. I figured I'd move out my major stuff, and pay landlord till when I came back and see what would transpire there.

Several weeks into working and being in Baltimore, She arrive with a surprise... a key to her place to use when I see fit. Since I had nothing holding me in NYC, it was decided that I move in with her. Told my boss of my intentions and he assured me I'd still be on the traveling team. We talked about an extention on her house since she said it was small, and my stuff wouldn't fit. Five days before I was to leave I received a phone call telling me that the cement was laid and the room was up but we needed $1200.00
to pay the man. The next morning since we both use the same bank I deposited the money in Baltimore and informed her the money was there. When I returned to my room the maid service threw out my receipt when cleaning my room. I gave her the money with the intention that there would be my home. At the end of my tour I returned home, paid the landlady, packed and moved to Orlando.

Less then a week there, I was asked for another $200.00 since she negotiated wrongly, and paid him before the job was completed. I believe she gave him at least $400.00. Since I ws now living there I was asked to pay cable and utilities and water. I had no problem with that. To this day I am current. After a few weeks of spending more money towards the home, I made a statement that my partner got pissed off about and for the next 5 weeks she decided she made our living arrangement intolerable. The only leverage I have is to leave and retrieve my money. She then says to me that that is for rent. Since rent for me was Utilities and cable , she is now breaching an oral agreement. since she doesn't want me there. I figure I could forfeit the money after one year since it was a relationship that soured, but three months into a relationship, I am looking to recover the $1400.00 and not any of the other investment that I put into the home.

I tried to call the bank but without her permission they can't print out that the transaction took place 1000 mikes from where she was at when she withdrew it. I can't prove I gave her $200,00 but I can prove I paid my utilities and cable because I left a paper trail for them...I paid by check.
The room was never finished and I now want my investment back. It only enhances the value of her house. Do I have a leg to stand on???

JETX

flasheg said:
Do I have a leg to stand on???
Sorry, I fell asleep after the first paragraph of your ramblings. If you want to edit to a brief, concise and RELEVANT post, will try again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">