• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I liable for a TV broken at a party?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gdouds

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

At a party I attended, I fell from a few stairs after being pushed and fell into a TV. The TV no longer functions and the owner is asking for me, alone, to pay for the TV in its entirety. To what degree am I responsible?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

At a party I attended, I fell from a few stairs after being pushed and fell into a TV. The TV no longer functions and the owner is asking for me, alone, to pay for the TV in its entirety. To what degree am I responsible?
**A: you and the pusher are responsible unless the pusher is determined to not be the cause and you started a fight or horsing around and the pusher pushed you in self defense. I am sure there is more to this story, but you need to grow up.

xylene

Wait to be sued, then pay what the TV is worth, which is FAR less than its original purchase price / replacement cost.

HomeGuru

Wait to be sued, then pay what the TV is worth, which is FAR less than its original purchase price / replacement cost.
**A: how did ya guess that the old tv could only get 8 channels? And that was when it had the rabbitt ears. It may have been used recently as a night stand.

xylene

**A: how did ya guess that the old tv could only get 8 channels? And that was when it had the rabbitt ears. It may have been used recently as a night stand.
Even if the TV is brand new out of the box 2 weeks, it has been substantially reduced in value.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">