• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i lible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbird

What is the name of your state? mi. I sold a puppy with the purage agreement stateing no refund. The person was not given any health gaurenty. The puppy was given shots and dewormed. which we gave them a paper stating. It was due for more shots to keep it up to date by a vet . don't think they took it in. they had it for from 4 months old getting it in july and called me in middle of oct saying the dog died of whipworm and in oct the had taken it to the vet when they it got sick. she never asked what type of deworming acgent it was given, and knew for 1 1/2 years all dogs should have panacur. she has other dogs one had just died. don't know from what. and hunting dogs. we have a pup from that litter and it showed no signs of being sick. she wants the price of the dog and all vet bills. am I libel?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

quincy

From what you have stated in your post, no, you are not responsible for refunding the price of the dog or for paying the vet bills. There was an agreement made prior to their purchase that there was to be no refund, and you gave them no health guarantee. Plus they had the puppy three months - a lot can happen in three months.

If I were you, I would not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">