• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I out of luck?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jusme66642

What is the name of your state? florida

i purchased a custom mans ring as an investment piece. i had it delivered to my friends work address because there is always someone there to sign for it. on the receipt it shows his work address and my credit card number. i had entrusted him with other investment pieces of jewlery before since he had a large safe. we had a dissagrement and i grabbed all the other pieces from the safe but forgot that he had worn the ring the night before (with my consent). i have been trying to get the ring back ever since, and of course he has stopped taking my calls etc. he is claiming it was a gift, which it was not. i have since found out that he has a criminal background which could come into play in court, ie various theft and burgerly charges, as well as fake id's etc. since his name is on the receipt, but it is my credit card, is there enough enidence to get my property back? it is worth about 4000.00. would his criminal background help to prove he is a liar and a thief?

I greatly appreciate any responses!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">