• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I responsible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drz

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

My question is fairly simple,

Had knee surgery last August. Had CINGA insurance, facility had $100 co Pay and Surgical group had no co Pay.

After operation, I had a motorized ice pad on my knee. Doctor tells me to keep the pad on until swelling and pain subsides.

2 months later I get a bill for $450 for the Ice Pad device, not covered by my insurance. Appealed but lost.

Question - Am I responsible to pay for the device? Doctor ordered it, and I was never informed that it was not part of his bill. I feel like telling the Ice Pad company to bill the doctor since he ordered it.

If the pad was normal procedure, I should have been informed that my insurance may not cover it. For that price, I would have put an Ice Pack on my knee myself during the night.

Thanks in advance for all that reply.

Dennis

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">