• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

American Intercontinental University Online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrogers99

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Louisiana

In November of 2003 I inquired about this school went through all the proceeders and in the end it was to expensive for me. Now here it is March of 2005. Some one from a collection agency contacted me saying I owe AIU online $1220.00 because I attended from Nov. 16,2003 until Nov. 23, 2003. 1220.00 for 1 week?!? Not to mention I did NOT attend. The collection agency claims they have been trying to get in touch with me since April of 2004....which is a flat out lie! AIU online is also claiming they have been trying to get in touch with me through email, letters and telephone. They are lieing through their teeth I have not received any phone calls from anyone. Not to mention Aiu convenantly has the wrong telephone number and address(they didnt have a problem getting in touch with me when they wanted me to enroll). Obviously I am disputing this account but that isnt going to fix it! And I have nothing from this school all I have is proof they had the correct telephone number! Which is very dumb on my part. But we contacted eachother through phone and emails so its a little hard to have proof of anyhting. What should I do get a lawyer? Can they charge you $1220.00 for one week? Is there anyway I can prove that I have nver attended any of their classes? Any advice from anyone?!? :confused:

jrogers99

Update on American Intercontiental University

After sending a report to the Better Buisness Bureau my account has been erased.

S

seniorjudge

jrogers99 said:
After sending a report to the Better Buisness Bureau my account has been erased.
I hope you get something in writing and keep it forever in case they come back after you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">