• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Angry Hockey Fan - Can I sue for lost wages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

foberto

In the state of NJ, can I successfully sue for lost wages in small claims court for the following reason?:

I attended an NHL game, respectfully cheered for the opposing team, had a "harassment" charge filed against me by a home team fan based on the false accusation that I had threatened to attack them (I never said anything of the sort).

I had to attend 4 separate court dates that cost me 3 hours of work each day, until the judge dismissed the case because the complaining witness (who filed the charge) failed to show up after 4 subpoenas (it was postponed every time because of this).

Is this enough to be able to recover the lost wages of this frivolous accusation, without involving a lawyer? Or am I reaching and wasting my time... thanks in advance for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">