• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Animal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maxine Perez

the name of my state is new jersey? I bought a dog during my relationship with a boyfriend and therefore added him as a co-owner in the event something happened since we had been going out for 11 years. We moved in together and bought a house under his mothers name. We got into an argument and he asked me to leave which I did with the dog. However, after 8 months during summer days my apartment being so small and humid I had asked him to stay with the dog until I find a larger place that allows me to have a dog. At that point he said okay and had his elderly mother move in with him for company. 6 months later and during I visited the dog for a short period because he worked 6 days a week and asked me to please leave the dog there so his mother can have company and feel protected. I was his friend and said okay but I wanted my dog at least a few days. After a time he now has another relationship and is never available and the only time he allows me to see the dog is for 1 day and for 5 hours. I have a problem with this and especially since the dog is 20 pounds overweight and now has developed warts in his paws his paw nails are so long they curved and has had numerous cronic ear infections because his mother is too old to take care of the dog and he is never home. I have approached him about this and he seems to think that I can't take my dog back. I would like some advice before getting into trouble.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">