• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another X Factor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PCN6182

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My ex, as we were living together and shareing money...won 200,000 in the lottery. Things were fine untill he started spending left and right and I wanted to save....Problem...he thinks that my money is our money but his is his...He gave me a cashiers check for 10,000 to put up a fence and the left over I was going to use to improve the house. I have the money for several months and he never said anything about wanting it back. Now that we are broken up (a month later) he now wants what was left over 3,000 back. To my understanding this was a gift....payback nor what was left over was never discussed. Do I have to give him this money back?:confused:What is the name of your state?

Litigation!

PCN6182 said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

My ex, as we were living together and shareing money...won 200,000 in the lottery. Things were fine untill he started spending left and right and I wanted to save....Problem...he thinks that my money is our money but his is his...He gave me a cashiers check for 10,000 to put up a fence and the left over I was going to use to improve the house. I have the money for several months and he never said anything about wanting it back. Now that we are broken up (a month later) he now wants what was left over 3,000 back. To my understanding this was a gift....payback nor what was left over was never discussed. Do I have to give him this money back?:confused:What is the name of your state?

My response:

And, early next year, you both will come crying here because of the Income Tax that's due.

Get outta Dodge, okay?

IAAL

Litigation!

PCN6182 said:
Oh I have....But does he have a case?

My response:

Here's the real problem . . .

Somebody put too much money in the hands of two Dufus people from Tennessee. You two just aren't equipped, mentally, to deal with that amount of money. You're trailer people, and trailer people only know how to deal with no more than $100.00 at a time; otherwise, it just gets too confusing. Dufus people aren't educated.

IAAL

PCN6182

Here is the REAL problem

I'm sorry IAAL but you do not know anything about me. Too bad you dont have a life and this is all you have to do. You are not even worth my time.
P.S. If you think that is alot of money you would be shocked as to how much my house cost.

Forget this. I thought this was for people that wanted to ask a question....I will just hire a lawyer....Its not the money

Last edited:

Litigation!

PCN6182 said:
Here is the REAL problem

I'm sorry IAAL but you do not know anything about me. Too bad you dont have a life and this is all you have to do. You are not even worth my time.
P.S. If you think that is alot of money you would be shocked as to how much my house cost.

Forget this. I thought this was for people that wanted to ask a question....I will just hire a lawyer....Its not the money

My response:

Deary, I'm a California attorney. I'm worth millions, believe me. To me, 200K is virtually chump change; but, to a Dufus like your husband - - and to a smaller degree to yourself - - it's a lot of money to a Dufus trailer dweller. You see, the reason I'm saying this is because of what you said, which is typical for Dufus people from Tennessee. You said, "Things were fine untill he started spending left and right . . ."

I'm telling you . . . you can't put money in the hands of Dufus people. They are not mentally equipped for it. It's like putting an Atomic Bomb in the hands of a monkey. The monkey has it long before its evolved to deal with it.

Dufus people still have about 100 years left to evolve.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

You failed to give facts needed to answer your question and IAAL was trying to egg you on to provide them without us asking 20 questions.
Let's start with your marital status?
Who won the lottery?
Who's name was on the cashier's check?
Who owns the home?
do you have any written contracts?
If you are were not married did you live in any state recognizing common law marriage?
Do either of you have any proof of any contracts?
In who's name are the bills?

Last edited:

rachel4

PCN6182 said:
Here is the REAL problem

Please ignore the million-dollar attorney :rolleyes: who talks nothing but smack.You know what they say about people who brag about all the money or sex that they have...(they ain't got either;) He has little joy left in life but to insult the posters in here.
Congrats on winning the lottery!
rachel:)

rmet4nzkx

Litigation! said:
My response:

I was? I mean, oh yeah, I was egging her on. Yeah, that's the ticket!

IAAL
A waste of good omelets:(
I think they aren't married, the $10K was a gift & he owes the taxes.

Litigation!

rachel4 said:
Please ignore the million-dollar attorney :rolleyes: who talks nothing but smack.You know what they say about people who brag about all the money or sex that they have...(they ain't got either;) He has little joy left in life but to insult the posters in here.
Congrats on winning the lottery!

My response:

Rachel, why are you projecting? You seem to project on me quite a bit. Is it because your hips are so much bigger than your chest, that you look like a pear? Small breasts and big asses are nothing to be ashamed about, Rachel. You'll find somebody - - someday.

IAAL

rachel4

Litigation! said:
My response:

Rachel, why are you projecting? You seem to project on me quite a bit. Is it because your hips are so much bigger than your chest, that you look like a pear? Small breasts and big asses are nothing to be ashamed about, Rachel. You'll find somebody - - someday.

IAAL

Lit! I thought you weren't allowed to address me anymore??;)

I can't help it, you just pi** me off so much with your bullying....
fyi- now pay attention. If you followed all my posts from day one, you would know that I initially posted in the forums b/c I was discriminated against for being too attractive (100% true). Or is that your problem and you're really intimidated by me??
I know it's more fun for you to imagine I'm fat and ugly--go ahead;) You are the first person ever to say that to me, and I think it's very funny:D
Now, stop making fun of OTHER people so much.

Litigation!

My response:

I didn't read yours, above. I was just wondering how long it would take for you to respond.

What a Dufus!

IAAL

rachel4

Litigation! said:
My response:

I didn't read yours, above. I was just wondering how long it would take for you to respond.

What a Dufus!

IAAL
me too.
What a Dorky Mc. Dork Dorks Dorkster menheimerschmit:)
kissy-kissy!

M

mammothcave

Litigation! said:
My response:

IAAL
Lit, what is your problem you make me and everyone else sick with you smartass comments. You are a lonely old person that wishes he had money like us country folks, so don't be cruel.lol:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">