• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Ideas??Unpaid Medical Bills from Accident 1 year ago...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danielletbs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I was involved in a rollover accident just over a year ago, with my ex-boyfriend. He had promised to pay the ER medical bill since he had no insurance on the vehicle and at the time I did not have medical insurance. He made one payment to the hospital, and one payment to the doctor bill that went to collections, but there is still a balance of about 600 dollars between the 2 bills and they are now both sitting in collections, and he has not made any payments in months, after promising to pay them, and he paid the other individuals bills already, just not mine. We have since seperated, and I have asked many times if he was going to take care of the bills. He now refuses saying that buying me things such as dinner and giving me an i-pod should have made us even, and they are my problem now. I now have medical insurance and have back and neck problems from the accident in which I have to see a chiropractor for and have no problem paying for further care, but I still have the unpaid bills, which should have been paid. He fled the accident scene, only getting a small ticket for no insurance, investigators were looking for the other people that were in the vehicle to get us to press charges. I do not want to make it worse for him as far as pressing charges but is this something I can take to small claims to have him pay the outstanding medical bills?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I was involved in a rollover accident just over a year ago, with my ex-boyfriend. He had promised to pay the ER medical bill since he had no insurance on the vehicle and at the time I did not have medical insurance. He made one payment to the hospital, and one payment to the doctor bill that went to collections, but there is still a balance of about 600 dollars between the 2 bills and they are now both sitting in collections, and he has not made any payments in months, after promising to pay them, and he paid the other individuals bills already, just not mine. We have since seperated, and I have asked many times if he was going to take care of the bills. He now refuses saying that buying me things such as dinner and giving me an i-pod should have made us even, and they are my problem now. I now have medical insurance and have back and neck problems from the accident in which I have to see a chiropractor for and have no problem paying for further care, but I still have the unpaid bills, which should have been paid. He fled the accident scene, only getting a small ticket for no insurance, investigators were looking for the other people that were in the vehicle to get us to press charges. I do not want to make it worse for him as far as pressing charges but is this something I can take to small claims to have him pay the outstanding medical bills?
Yes, sue the bad guy in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">