• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aparment damages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbaugh

What is the name of your state (INDIANA)

I moved out of my Aparment when my lease was up. There were damages to the apartment. I do not contest the fact that there was some damages, just how much they charged me for certain things. The living room was supposed to be devided between the 3 lease holders it was called the common area i think and we all had our own room the we were responsible for. For kitchen and living i was charged 130 and the one of the other people was only charged 100. Im nor for sure what the other person was charged or if they got charged they did not pay there rent and go evicted after like 2 months of a 12 months lease. Also the room are really small and i was charged 325 for carpet in my bedroom not for sure on the rules for depreciation but it just seemed kinda high plus when we moved in we did not take any picture and the apartment did not do a walkthrough with us we moved in the same day the other ppl moved out so they had no time to clean there was things that were broken or lost before we moved in like pull chains on fans but like i said we did not fill out any forms or take any pictures so we really dont have any proof.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">